Skip to main content

4 GB Flashdrive....

The visiting Canadian team had written to ask what would be an appropriate gift to bring for the students on campus...one of the feedback we received from the students is a flashdrive. I know that these are relatively inexpensive back home but it certainly is not here in Kenya. Most of our students do not have their own computers and have to use CDs or DVDs to save their work. We sent out an email to the team but didn't know if they could bring it or not. They DID!!!

We package the disks like lollipops and at the end of the fellowship, I announced that the team brought us some special Canadian candy which was non-fat, non-calorie and must not be shared by their kids. Below is a picture of the ladies holding up their "candy"....

When we had them opened it, you can hear so many gasps! The girls spontaneously went and hugged the team members...they were overjoyed!




The lady in the middle with glasses is Gillian, she is a pastor's wife and shared so openly with us concerning her journey in ministry. She encouraged us to walk with the Lord. She read us a beautiful love story which was an analogy of Christ's relationship with us.
I had the students to pray for the team for their visit here as well as their safe journey home.
Time of fellowship...
Game time!! Passing the balloon...

furiously writing down as many attributes of God as possible to win a prize!

Worship and praise. Here you can see Gillian better (in the green top). Maureen Potter, on her right, is the host for the team and one of my favorite neighbor and a great friend.

One of the games the ladies played was to cut a piece of string (any desired length - so some were really short and others took a long one!). Then they are supposed to wrap/twirl the string around their finger as they tell us about themselves until they string is done...it was fun getting to know these gals...from Tanzania, Kenya, Sudan, Ethiopia, Congo....

Later that evening, we had the team over for dessert. I wish I had taken pictures, but was busy getting things together and serving everyone. Kathryn made funnel cake and I set out an "ice-cream bar" - it was fun to visit with them. We also gave them little gifts as thanks for ministering to the students.

Comments

juniper said…
Dear Mrs. Phang,

I want to thank you for posting pictures and stories about your mission in Africa. I have really enjoyed reading them.

Nadine Salim
Riverbank, California, US
Christine Phang said…
Thanks Nadine for your encouraging comment. I enjoy blogging about our work here too! Drop in more often!

Popular posts from this blog

To blog or not to blog is the question....

I was wondering if I should keep this blog when we relocate to Malaysia??? I know that our friends in Malaysia and elsewhere are interested about our lives in Kenya but Malaysia??? I am not sure... I am thinking about it... write me a comment if you think I should keep it up!! Some random pics.... This is Max longing for his daddy. He did this the entire time that Tony was in Malaysia.. poor baby! He loves Tony! Awwww......(the girls' favorite expression!) Kat took some pictures around campus....pretty eh? This huge pine tree is on our front yard. This is one of Vickie's teachers. The middle school was raising funds for some social projects and he challenged them if they raised a certain amount he would shaved off his beard and if they raised even more money, he would shave his hair as well! Brave man and they did raised the funds!! Too bad I didn't get the 'after' picture! Vickie is on the far left, as a stage hand during one of their drama production. She ...

A clean bill of Health!

We have been busy with different appointments.....the girls got their vaccination, Tony and I had a general checkup - cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure and several other health issues checked. We are basically healthy. Tony needs to have a minor surgical procedure (on his back) which we still have to work on - finding the surgeon,etc. We also went to the dentist today and the girls and I have NO cavities!!!!! The dentist did some cleaning for us but Tony did have to have a filling done. All in all, the Phangs are in pretty good health - Praise the Lord!! We are also so grateful to our doctor and dentist for giving us their services so lovingly and generously- we are so bless! Another friend (we kinda met on this blog:-) got us rooms in a hotel in Penang, a holiday island- kind of! Woohoo!!!! We will get to have a vacation after our ministry time in Ipoh - we are so looking forward to that. Last evening, we took Tony's mom and sister out for a meal and visited with the...

Getting Ready for yet another trip!

Before I forget, I wanted the friends who have left comments on this blog to know that I read your comments as they are automatically sent to my email address. I tried replying to the address in the emails but it doens't get to you - it just redirects me to this blog again. Anyways, I want you to know that I appreciate the comments- tells me someone is reading what I am writing - I wonder sometimes!! Ok, two evenings ago I had another invite to join an evangelist to Goma, also in DRC. They are doing a crusade there- I cannot tell you how much I want to join them but I can't - not this time anyways. We are in the midst of preparing to return to Malaysia for two months to reconnect with churches and friends who supports our work here and also to give our report. We are also trusting God to connect with more people and churches who are interested in our work here. We need to raise so much more to empower and release more laborers to a ripen harvest in AFrica. I am so overwhelm wit...